Greetings in Christ! This August, our church, Open Door Presbyterian (Herndon, Virginia) will be sending a team of six to Central Asia. Our team consists of John Cha, Sara Chae, Jane Choi, Jill Kim, Tina Kim and Patrick Procopio. We will be serving in a small city in Central Asia (*due to security reasons, we cannot disclose the name of the city nor the country). Although the region is closed to active evangelism, we know that we can share the Gospel through our actions, our service, and through genuine friendships. With this in mind, our purposes for this summer are the following:
- To serve the local orphans through a Vacation Bible School program and activities
- To meet and encourage local pastors, believers, and foreign missionaries on the field. We especially want to bless and encourage our sent family of 20 years.
- To see and learn more about a partner ministry that is living out a business-as-mission model
- To pray over the city and the region
Would you pray for us?
- Pray for our team to support our sent family’s ministry so that they can continue building relationships with the locals. That includes our interactions with the orphan children, local pastors and local believers.
- Pray for team unity: this is our first joint KC/EC team to
Central Asia in six years.
Would you partner with us?
You can support us through prayer and through financial giving. As a team we are fundraising $6,000. Please give online. If you would like to send a check, you can make checks payable to ODPC. *Please write “Central Asia Team” in the memo line. All contributions are tax-deductible. You can mail the check to our church office with the following address: Central Asia Team, 2999 Centreville Road, Herndon, Virginia 20171. We hope to have all our team funds raised by Sunday, July 21.
If you have any questions, please contact Jane at email@example.com
We thank you so much for taking this time to read about our trip and for partnering with us, and we hope to return with fresh stories and testimonies of our God’s work in Central Asia.
Together for His work,
The Central Asia 2019 Team